7 Denver SEO Tipps for Christmas

Search engines are the starting point for millions of online searches for the right Christmas gifts for family and friends. The following seven tips show you how Denver online companies can find the right SEO strategy to get the most out of their Christmas business.

1. Search for gaps and optimization potential

Did you know that “Christmas gift for men” is googled a lot more often than “Christmas gift for women”? Women are much more likely than men to seek gift advice. It is essential for planning the right SEO strategy for the Christmas business. That’s why it’s so important to research the most popular, relevant and valuable keywords for the fourth quarter before the peak. There are four basic areas of keyword analysis and optimization:

Research of the most important Christmas keywords in your own online industry: This analysis provides a good overview of the gaps and potentials your website still has – and whether you are already displaying all relevant Christmas keywords with corresponding detail or category pages.

Creation of new URLs: Through the initial research on keywords, you may have discovered gaps – keywords with Christmas relevance that are relevant for your industry but have not yet been served by you. In addition, every season there will be new keywords determined by new shopping trends, new brands, and new products. With this data, you can now create new URLs with corresponding content.

Research your own Christmas performance: Analyze which of your specific Christmas URLs are already performing very well – and which pages can still be optimized.

Optimization of existing URLs: After the research, you know which of your product, category, and sales pages you can improve with current content in order to optimally serve the current Christmas season and customer demand.

2. Create top-of-funnel content

Create or optimize your product, category and Christmas sales pages not only for transactional searches but also ensure that you integrate additional informative content. Because the vast majority of search queries in the Sales Funnel – around 80 percent – can be assigned to the Awareness and Consideration area. This means that users want information content; answers to questions. In this phase, it is far from being a matter of which online shop the purchase is made from, but rather of the initial research for product ideas.

As an example, we can again take the “Christmas gifts for women” presented at the beginning. Users google this term because they are looking for inspiration. Here, listings – such as “10 best travel gifts for your wife” – help you to make the right decision and are an excellent match for the search intention. If you link such information pages to your product pages, you can try to use conversion triggers to persuade users who initially wanted more information to buy.

3. Seasonal local Denver SEO content

According to the Denver SEO expert, a good strategy is to create seasonal local content, which is then picked up by publishers, blogs, and social media. A test of products and platforms, infographics with exciting facts, a top 10 of the latest, most popular or curious gift ideas or your own market research studies with data for your own industry can increase brand awareness and traffic – and above all generate backlinks.

Media coverage is more likely the more exclusive the information, the larger the potential circle of interested parties and the more precisely the content fits the current topic of the editorial offices. No matter whether you get backlinks or “only” mentions: Every form of attention is good, can lead to more brand awareness, direct traffic and ultimately to better rankings.

4. Optimize for the image search

According to Google, 50 percent of online shoppers say that images of products have inspired their purchases – and Christmas shopping can be a very visual experience. People are inspired by strong images, and you can use that in your search strategy. Make sure you prioritize high-quality product photographs on your website and that they are optimized for top placement in search results for Google Images.

In fact, Google has revised its image search feature to make it easier for users to browse product images. In addition, product details, prices, and ratings can now be displayed for products that rank in image search results. For optimization to Google Image Search, file names, image titles and alt attributes should be chosen as meaningful and rich in relevant keywords as possible. The images used should also be integrated into an XML sitemap.

5. Good internal linking

It doesn’t always have to be backlinks: Internal links are a very good way to spread the link juice on your own domain. Here, hard keyword anchor texts can – and should – be used; SEOs are free in the number and design of this powerful SEO instrument.

But if you don’t link your content perfectly internally for the Christmas season or don’t integrate the pages completely into the taxonomy of the website, you might lose the necessary momentum that the Christmas performance would otherwise take up. Of course, this also includes updating the page navigation to include the Christmas URLs, as well as many relevant anchor text links to link the seasonal content.

Internal links to seasonal shopping URLs are critical to success. The internal links not only help potential buyers who end up on these pages to more easily discover other content – and products – on the site, but also help spread the link juice more widely to achieve higher rankings across the site.

6. Don’t forget social networks

While Google may be very popular with a large portion of the population for Christmas shopping, social platforms such as Pinterest and Instagram themselves are also becoming the place to go for inspiration and gift ideas – especially when it comes to visual searches. So make sure you post visually strong content on these platforms, use relevant hashtags, and learn more about your users’ surfing behavior to promote the right content at the right time.

7. Start optimization early

Ideally, optimization for the Christmas season should be completed by late summer. It takes some time for Google to upgrade revised pages or rank newly created content at a top position. Experience has shown that this can take several months – the more competitive the keyword, the longer it takes. In addition, studies show that shopping habits in Denver change at Christmas; people start Christmas shopping earlier and earlier. This makes it all the more important to start early with the SEO and content strategy.


The time of the year with the highest turnover in online trading has also begun – and the preparations for online shops should ideally already start in the summer. Those who have not yet started should, therefore, optimize the website for the Christmas business as quickly as possible. In addition to the comprehensive keyword research with the creation of new and optimization of existing content, there are several good SEO strategies to profit from the Christmas business.

For example, the creation of top-of-funnel content as a conversion trigger can have a lot of power, as can the creation of content for product comparisons, results from one’s own market research studies or listings for media attention and the generation of good backlinks. In addition, the SEO focus at this time, in particular, should be on good and optimized images for Google image search and for the interaction rate in social networks, as well as optimized internal linking of this seasonal content in the navigation structure, in home page teasers and by means of matching product groups.

Influencer Marketing for Denver Businesses

Influencer Marketing (IM) – what exactly is that and does it help small companies at all? This is exactly what we would like to answer for you today. You’ll be surprised, that much is certain.

IM is only for the big players in the industry – at least that’s what most small entrepreneurs think. Just like search engine optimization, small and medium-sized companies in Denver can benefit from IM if they take the right approach. Of course, the Duchess of Cambridge won’t advertise your baby romper or the gardener of the Federal Chancellery will not promote your weed brands right away, but with a bit of skill, you can still reach influential people with contacts to your target group.

That’s exactly what you want to achieve: As many relevant interested parties as possible and as many customers as possible as a result. This is exactly where influencers can help. These are simply known persons who have a long range. That doesn’t have to be the Federal Chancellor – a much-noticed blogger in your region who blogs on your topics does, too.

Five steps to influencer marketing

Local marketing has its strengths and should remain part of your marketing strategy. But if you want to do without a website or at least a Facebook presence today, you make it unnecessarily difficult for yourself. Social media channels play a particularly important role in online marketing. And a really big one!

In our increasingly digitalized world, the classic local marketing channels such as the Gemeindeblättchen or the classic Postwurfsendung are attracting less and less attention, especially among the younger generations. Digital, significantly more people can be reached in significantly less time.

Take the step and use IM for your company. There are almost always influential people who can support your local marketing.

1) Set targets

Without knowing where you want to go, a trip to the vastness of the IM makes little sense. Define exactly which goals you want to achieve with it and become concrete in the process. More visitors to your website, higher click rates, more frequent customer inquiries – keep track of your goals.

2) Find influencers

Unfortunately, not everyone is influential. That would also be far too easy and even a bit boring. Get close to the topic and find the influencer that is interesting for your target group. It’s not as hard as it might seem at first. Simply take the direct route through your customers and take a close look at what they are reading and who they are following on social networks. Do it like them and follow the most prominent influencers as well. If you are in Denver, it’s especially helpful to find someone either from this city or from Colorado.

3) Build a relationship

Who would react to a crude request √† la “Please share my offer”? An influential person in your industry is certainly not.

It takes a little more tact, more than a loveless assignment, more a solid relationship. Bake small rolls at the beginning, divide the posts of the influencer or liken them for example. This is how you can move out of nowhere into the target’s field of vision. And create the ideal basis for step four.

4) Make contact

The time has come: At some point the gentle sneaking around to the influencer was worthwhile and you can make a direct contact attempt. But be careful: Even if you are now in the field of vision, the construction of a functioning IM still needs sensitivity. Show the person who is going to support your local marketing what they get out of it.

Free product samples, for example, are a nice courtesy; after all, even the most influential people don’t want to leave their seats without a profit and feel used as pure advertising ambassadors.

5) You benefit

The fifth step can only be achieved by those who have proceeded cautiously beforehand. If you have taken small steps, selected the right people and can actually win them over for your purposes, marketing from here on is often a matter of course. At the very least, your reach has improved enormously if the followers of the influential also take a look at your offer from time to time. Of course, there are no arguments against several influencers, so you can drive on two tracks.

No matter how big a company is, every industry has a target group, every company has potential customers. If this is not the case, it will not be able to stay on the market for long anyway.

In this way, the target group can simply be reached more easily and in the best case, a win-win situation arises for both sides. That would be worth a try and promising addition to your local marketing, wouldn’t it?